If your scalp becomes oily and painful on a regular basis, shampooing your hair every day is not the only option available to you. To maintain your scalp as clean as possible, you should use the best co-wash for natural hair.
A technique known as co-washing, sometimes known as conditioner-only washing, entails washing your hair just with conditioner. Co-washing has grown increasingly popular, particularly among individuals with curly hair.
In this article, we will talk about the best co-wash for low porosity hair?
What is Co-wash?
Hair cleansing procedure known as co-washing involves rinsing the hair with conditioner rather than shampoo to remove dirt and debris. For quite some time, people have used the term “co-wash,” which refers to the process of washing the hair with conditioner after shampooing.
You do it to get rid of any filth or residue that may have remained after using the shampoo.
You have the freedom to co-wash your hair as often or as infrequently as you like. When it comes to washing your hair, however, if you prefer to do it every time, make sure to vary between different shampoos. For example, using a soft shampoo on certain days and a stronger shampoo on others is a good idea.
Using a leave-in conditioner or a moisturizing deep conditioning masque will likely eliminate the necessity for co-washing your hair. If, on the other hand, you primarily use volumizing mousses and gels, you will almost certainly appreciate co-washing.
How can you tell if you have low porosity hair?
If you have hair with a low porosity, you may notice that hair care products tend to settle on your hair rather than being absorbed into it. Using an oil or moisturizer on the ends of your hair, for example, could be beneficial.
You may see that the product is always on the surface of your hair after half an hour. In fact, if you touch it, it may even come off on your fingers. Your hair most likely only absorbed a small amount of the substance, if any at all.
When you have hair with low porosity, washing and drying can take longer than you expect. As a result of the difficulty in absorbing water, it may be difficult to thoroughly wet your hair and allow the water to properly infiltrate your hair.
After that, if your hair is damp, it can take a long time to dry by air-conditioning. Even blow drying your hair may take longer than it does for individuals who have hair of the same length and thickness as yours.
Top Co-Wash for Low Porosity Hair
Aunt Jackie’s Flaxseed Recipes Purify Me Frizz-Fighting Moisturizing Co-Wash Hair Cleanser
This product is designed to provide nourishing moisture, penetrating conditioners, and thorough cleansing for chronically dry hair while also providing protective styling benefits.
It also aids in the improvement of general hair health, as well as making hair feel smoother and easier to handle. Flaxseed, avocado, coconut, and apple cider vinegar are all included in this product’s nutritional profile. Furthermore, because it does not include sulfates or parabens, it is soft on the hair and scalp without stripping away any moisture.
The only issue with this product was that it smelled like a perfume, and it was really powerful and overpowering.
- The flaxseed oil-based recipe helps to keep hair hydrated and healthy-looking.
- It includes no sulfates or parabens, it is gentle on even the most sensitive and inflamed scalp.
- It does not include SLES or SLS, it is ideal for use on color-treated hair.
- A composition of the product’s ingredients has a strong fragrance that may cause sensitivities in certain people.
As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner
In more than 4,500 customer reviews on Amazon, the As I Am cleansing conditioner has received a 4.6-star rating, making it one of the most highly regarded co-washes available on the platform. Customers not only laud it for its exceptionally low price tag, and they also swear to the effectiveness of the product on fine, limp hair as well.
Coconut oil is the main ingredient in this sulfate- and silicone-free solution, and it helps to remove impurities without completely removing hair’s natural oils in the process. When you comb through your hair with a wide-toothed comb before rinsing, it will be much easier to untangle your hair in the following step.
While many users have commented on how nice the coconut aroma is, some have expressed concern about how difficult it is to close and open the jar when using damp hands.
- It makes hair smooth and helps to keep moisture levels stable while you continue with the remainder of your program.
- It does not leave a film on the hair after application.
- It contains saw palmetto, which is a natural product that is beneficial for promoting healthy hair development.
- It makes hair supple and encourages hair growth.
- If you have long hair, despite the fact that it is fairly affordable, it can be rather pricey. On people who have longer hair, a single tub of this substance does not last very long.
Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Complete Conditioning Co-Wash
A creamy shampoo solution that is delicate yet effective on the hair and scalp, the Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Complete Conditioning Co-Wash provides a nourishing cleaning for your hair and scalp.
The moisturizing cleanser helps to restore hair’s natural beauty by lifting away heavy product build-up and pollutants, leaving hair feeling purified and revitalized. Hair is infused with hydration thanks to the product’s unique blend of 15 natural butters (including Shea Butter) and oils.
No sulfates, silicones, parabens, or mineral oil in this formula.
- Moisturizing enough for even curly hair to use it.
- It does not include sulfates or parabens, making it mild on sensitive skin.
- Scalp accumulation is reduced since the formulation contains clarifying surfactants.
- It has a pleasant scent and a moderate aroma that is not irritating to the skin.
- You may find yourself using so much of the solution than is necessary because of its thin consistency.
Alikay Naturals Co-wash Me Cleansing Conditioner
Because this product does not include sulfates, it was really gentle on the scalp. It also does not rob hair of all of its natural moisture, and in fact, it can make your hair feel significantly more moisturized than it was before using it.
Several various types of oils are contained within this product, all of which blend together precisely to achieve the greatest results. The use of high-quality ingredients is at the heart of Alikay Naturals’ identity as a beauty and lifestyle brand. The combination of jojoba oil and peppermint oil makes hair silky, moisturized, and hydrated, while also leaving your scalp feeling clean. This product is suitable for all hair types.
- It contains natural ingredients like coconut oil and shea butter, it is very effective for dry hair.
- Since it contains coconut-based surfactants, it effectively cleanses the scalp.
- It includes no sulfates but instead contains natural cleansers,thus, it is gentle on the scalp.
- This product has a very strong coconut smell, it may trigger some people.
Jane Carter Solution Curl Drench Cleansing Co-Wash
This 2-in-1 sulfate-free product delivers moisturizing dosages of vital conditioning ingredients in a convenient spray bottle for easy application. It is ultra-quenching, washes and nourishes the hair while refining the contour of each curl.
Because it’s enriched with Jojoba Oil and Restorative Botanicals, it’ll gently clean and moisturize your hair while also nourishing your scalp and hair without washing away any natural oils. Made specifically for people with extremely curly or coily hair.
- Because it contains jojoba oil, it is effective at nourishing and hydrating the hair.
- The absence of sulfates makes it gentle on the scalp and color-treated hair.
- Because it has a high slide texture, it makes detangling the hair much easier.
- This co-wash is more expensive than the other co-washes on this list.
Is co-washing beneficial for hair with low porosity?
If done correctly, co-washing might be beneficial for people with low porosity hair. To be safe, we always recommend that you try co-washing with a soap or shampoo bar first, just in case co-washing does not work well for your scalp or hair type.
A brief definition of co-washing is the practice of washing your hair with conditioner rather than shampoo to remove dirt and debris. In order to remove buildup and other sorts of residue from the hair that standard shampooing methods may leave behind, co-washing is frequently employed as a method of cleansing the hair.
Choosing the Best Co Wash for Low Porosity Hair
If you are selecting a Co wash for the first time to use on your low porosity hair, you should pay attention to the ingredients listed on the label. It should be hydrating and should not leave residue in your hair, if at all possible. In addition, make certain that it will not strip your hair of its natural oils before using it.